Note: Since the pages below were produced this website has undergone a revision in folder structure and page naming. All links in the pages below have been corrected to reflect the new structure, and absolute links have been converted to root relative links.
The pages listed below (which all open in a new window or tab) show the same page as produced in different Microsoft applications:
All the pages were produced the same way (except Publisher 2nd attempt):
- Open existing web page in IE7. The page used is here, which contains text, a table and images.
- Highlight and copy the main text and footer - this is from the Browser, not from View Source - ignoring all other navigation and logos.
- Open Office application
- Paste copied page
- Use Save as to save as HTML page.
For the Publisher 2nd attempt, the page was copied/pasted in three chunks.
All the applications recognise the FrontPage include used for the footer. However (except FrontPage) the include is given the absolute link to the included page, which prevents it from being included when published to a FrontPAge extended server. All the other links are also absolute links. FrontPage gives the include a relative link, and would display correctly if the page was placed in its original location.
Publisher and Word placed all associated files (aprt from the include page) in their own folders:
- Word (filtered):
- wrdfltr (not hidden) containing:
- Word (unfiltered):
- wrdwebpg (not hidden) containing:
- Publisher (1st attempt)
- publisher_files (super hidden thicket folder) containing:
- 7 images - mostly downlevel images of the text for non-IE browsers
- Publisher (2nd attempt)
- publisher2_files (super hidden thicket folder) containing:
- 9 images - mostly downlevel images of the text for non-IE browsers