Masterpages are not supported by FrontPage.
The masterpage must be prepared to accept the included menu.
- Open the masterpage in Split View and identify where the link bar is to be placed in the Design pane.
- Open the toolbox panel, and drag the ContentPlaceHolder from the ASP.NET Standard controls to the link bar position.
- Expression Web will add the code:
<asp:ContentPlaceHolder id="ContentPlaceHolder1" runat="server">
and display (ContentPlaceHolder1) in the Design Pane - the number at the end may vary if other contentplaceholders are present in the page.
- If required, in the code panel change id="ContentPlaceholder1" to a more useful id.
- The editable content region is now ready to be populated with a default link bar.
- Save the masterpage.
The editable content region with the default menu will be included on all new and existing pages attached to this masterpage. The menu can now be changed on individual pages as required, either by adding an include file (SSI or Design Time), by adding individual links, or any combinations of the three.