SMTP setup in FrontPage 2002 extensions
How to configure email in FrontPage 2002 extensions
Front Page 2002 Extensions SMTP Properties
- Load FP admin. pages (Control Panel -> Administration Tools -> Microsoft Sharepoint Administrator)
- Click on Set Installation Defaults
Note that all email addresses, IPs and URLs are invalid, except where marked otherwise.
Specify the SMTP mail server to use for FrontPage Server Extensions 2002 e-mail-based features, such as subscriptions and invitations. Personalize the from and reply-to addresses.
- In the above, the SMTP Mail server must be fully qualified, and contain at least one dot. Either use your ISPs mail server, eg smtp.example.com or use 127.0.0.1 (alternative for localhost with a dot)
- The From address is where forms etc. are sent from. This cannot be overwritten in forms.
The reply-to address can be overwritten in form properties, by the email address entered by the user.
- Submit the form, after adding any other configuration details.
- Back on the original page, click on Virtual Servers -> Default web site Administration, and repeat the details there:
Specify the SMTP mail server to use for FrontPage Server Extensions 2002 e-mail-based features, such as subscriptions and invitations. Personalize the from and reply-to addresses, and select the mail encoding scheme and character set to use.
- Submit the form, after configuring any other sections.